The girls love their new home!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy Easter to everyone!  It's already April 10, and way past time to update my blog.  So, here I go...

We had herd health last weekend and everyone is doing fine.  Ginger will be having her baby by the end of this month.  Bubbles and Ruby are due in mid-May, and lastly, but not least, Opal will be delivering in early June, hopefully.  We've had everyone out in pasture for 2 weeks now.  They are so happy to be out there again!

We moved the babies over with the teenagers on the boy's side so now Banjo, Wyatt , and Zamboni have 2 new friends.  Everyone is getting along very nicely!!

We'll be breeding the open girls in mid-May.  They are all going to other farms this spring to be bred.  The logistics might be a bit tricky to get 2 of them to their respective studs, but I'm sure it will all go smoothly.

Burgundy wool blend
Angora bunny/alpaca blend 
Wool blend plyed with angora/alpaca blend


I've kept busy knitting and spinning this winter.  I'm attaching a few photos of my newest handspun yarns. I have also woven one shawl on my triangle loom and have another one in progress. Shown below are 2 photos of my first shawl.





No comments:

Post a Comment