The girls love their new home!

Monday, December 13, 2010

Wicked Winds!

It's  not actually winter yet but Mother Nature doesn't seem to know that! We're getting wind gusts of 30-40 mph thru our valley.  At least it's not raining or snowing....  It's frigid though! The temperature outside is probably about 10 below, if you factor in the wind chill. I just got back in from tucking the "kids" in for the night.  Our guardian dogs have taken to sleeping in the hay buckets out in the dry lots, under the eaves.  I guess the hay is pretty darn warm, compared to the ground inside.  The 'pacas and llamas are cushing in the doorways and just outside under the eaves.  They have nice warm coats to keep them warm! (all that fiber)

I'm curled up in bed with my kitty, Adam,  next to me and Pixie on the floor right next to the bed.  They're wondering when I'm going to turn off the light and go to bed!  I think I'll close down this thing now and read for a little while.  Good night, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment